We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop. -- Mother Teresa

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Leapin Leprechauns!

So last weekend I toured up to Jackson, MS to stay with my friend Meg for a visit and to experience the annual Hal & Mal's St. Patrick's Day parade. Which pretty much amounted to it being Jackson's condensed, one-day version of Mardi Gras but with less crowd control and less than desirable parking options. But I'll go easy on them - I mean they just don't throw a parade like the Coast does, namely New Orleans.

The highlight of the day, other than being with Meg and meeting up with college buddy Anne Franklin, was feeling so much better about myself from watching the complete skank balls in front of us act like complete white trash. Seriously. I'm known to exaggerate the truth in support of a good story, but this is honest to goodness true, I could not make this up. This girl was beyond intoxicated, being coached by her douche bag boyfriend to "git more beads baby" and all of a sudden we notice a growing wet spot in the back of her pants! She stood there watching that damn parade and peed herself! After a while she did notice it because she would nervously (well as nervous as a drunk person can look) kept running her hand back there as if she was trying to reassure herself that it wasn't really wet. bahahhaha Now I've done some stupid things, but thank God pee on myself in public has never been one of them - at least in my grown up days.

Meg did introduce me to a love at first sight kind of place... DSW. It was a little obscene how excited I got walking along the rows and rows of shoes. I returned back to lovely Vancleave to find that Jean had safely arrived on the Coast and we immediately got to work at making mischief, wasting time, and spending money on things like shoes, cardigans, and frozen yogurt. It's good to have a bff back in my life. :)

No comments: