We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop. -- Mother Teresa

Sunday, February 28, 2010

With the Band...

So I'm notorious for signing myself up for random things and sometimes getting myself into sticky situations. Well in my over-eager attempts to be well on my way to getting connected in my field, I wound up being a Stage Manager for two bands in New Orleans today for the Mardi Gras Rock n Roll Marathon. I had a blast. It was a beautiful day, great weather, and my bands were awesome. I pretty much had an easy job, cue the bands, make sure they were taken care of, etc. My stage was at mile 15 of the 26 mile run, so we were catching people a little over half way through. The guys from ZamaPara and 3rd Echo were great and put on awesome shows, I know the runners enjoyed it. I know I did. Lounging on the City Park grass, listening to music, playing with dogs, and watching other people run a marathon... Made for a great day.

1 comment:

Cartycatures said...

I think your enthusiasm paid off in spades on this one. Sure you had to go to nola in the dark, pouring, nerv-racking friday night traffic. BUT, you had such a great time with the music and the flood of overachievers running by!